Thursday, July 18, 2024

Where Nobody Has Much Sense

Two Little Rich GirlsTwo Little Rich Girls by Mignon G. Eberhart
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Not my favorite. Almost a DNF.

There's a murder, there are some suspects, the wrong woman gets arrested and convicted. Very little suspense or intrigue or action--or fun, actually.

I liked the main character, but she was so passive she could have been a child, and almost everybody else is painfully selfish and obnoxious. After the conviction, we just follow them around as they sort of have questions but do very little to find the answers. The mystery isn't solved; it just gradually unwinds or falls apart. Nobody is working to put clues together. Nobody is using their money or their connections or ingenuity to get justice. Nobody achieves anything.

Mainly, it's pretty boring. It's a short novel, but really it's a long short story that should have been about 1/4 the length. I suppose you could read it start to finish on a plane ride or at the beach. Maybe it kinda works that way. Pretty thin entertainment, though, IMO.

I gave it 3 stars. That's probably generous.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment